Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Julie and Darren's Engagement Session // Fun Times in the City

Julie and Darren are awesome.  They are a blast to hang out with and I can tell they are a great pair.

I suppose I should say there is a little bit of backstory... I met Julie about three or four years ago when we both took an intesive French class over a summer while we were in college.  We honestly learned very little French because we basically sat around talking about other things... and usually not in French.  And somehow we ended up with As in the class.  Woo.  Anyway, Julie and I stayed in touch over the years.  I had always heard great things about Darren but never had the opportunity to meet him.  I was so excited for her when they got engaged, and even more excited when she asked me to be their photographer.  Julie has also started working with me as a second-shooter in training, so I think this was a great experience to see what it's like to be part of a couple on the other side of the camera.

Julie and Darren wanted to do something really fun for their engagement session.  They wanted bright and vibrant colors and wanted their session to be more modern.  We decided that the best option was to take a stroll around Little Italy.  There are so many colorful buildings in the area, so it was really the perfect place for them.  I had so much fun with them, and I cannot wait for their wedding in February!


***************
View more from Julie and Darren's engagement session here!

No comments:

Post a Comment